Today's Lesson: THE PERFECT TREASURE
As I was reading chapter two last night, I prayed and asked God,"what do you want me to teach the ladies today?" Then I got up early this morning and read it again and verses four and five stood out. All I kept hearing was THE PERFECT TREASURE.
Let's review those two verses: Proverbs 4if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure,5 then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.
When I think of treasure, I think of something valuable and precious. Treasure is also something that you accumulate and keep in a secure place so it's not destroyed or stolen.
God sent us THE PERFECT TREASURE when He sent His son to die for our sins. Everything about Jesus Christ is valuable. As we build a relationship with our PERFECT TREASURE, He will guide us into all truths/wisdom. Proverbs confirms that if we accept His word, store up His commands within us, turn our ear to wisdom, apply our heart to understanding, and ask Him for insight that's when we will understand the fear of the Lord. Then we will find spiritual treasure (the knowledge of God).
David (Solomon's father) understood the importance of hidden treasure. In Psalm 119:11, David wrote that he hide the word in his heart so he would not sin against God. That's powerful! Storing God's truth, knowledge, and wisdom in our hearts is key. It helps guide us down the path of righteousness.
God's word is THE PERFECT TREASURE. God is faithful to His word. If He said it, He will do it. Be watchful, satan wants your treasure because he knows how valuable it is and it's a weapon against him (John 10:10). He loves stealing spiritual treasure.
In your study time, you can name some more treasures. I just want to give you an idea of the valuables that we have in Christ.
What will you find when you come across THE PERFECT TREASURE?
Wisdom
Protection
Knowledge
Understanding
Salvation
Strength
Love
Grace
Mercy
hope
Joy
Faith
In your study time, you can name some more treasures. I just want to give you an idea of the valuables that we have in Christ.
Study
Psalm 23
As I was reading chapter two last night, I prayed and asked God,"what do you want me to teach the ladies today?" Then I got up early this morning and read it again and verses four and five stood out. All I kept hearing was THE PERFECT TREASURE.
Let's review those two verses: Proverbs 4if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure,5 then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.
When I think of treasure, I think of something valuable and precious. Treasure is also something that you accumulate and keep in a secure place so it's not destroyed or stolen.
God sent us THE PERFECT TREASURE when He sent His son to die for our sins. Everything about Jesus Christ is valuable. As we build a relationship with our PERFECT TREASURE, He will guide us into all truths/wisdom. Proverbs confirms that if we accept His word, store up His commands within us, turn our ear to wisdom, apply our heart to understanding, and ask Him for insight that's when we will understand the fear of the Lord. Then we will find spiritual treasure (the knowledge of God).
David (Solomon's father) understood the importance of hidden treasure. In Psalm 119:11, David wrote that he hide the word in his heart so he would not sin against God. That's powerful! Storing God's truth, knowledge, and wisdom in our hearts is key. It helps guide us down the path of righteousness.
God's word is THE PERFECT TREASURE. God is faithful to His word. If He said it, He will do it. Be watchful, satan wants your treasure because he knows how valuable it is and it's a weapon against him (John 10:10). He loves stealing spiritual treasure.
In your study time, you can name some more treasures. I just want to give you an idea of the valuables that we have in Christ.
What will you find when you come across THE PERFECT TREASURE?
Wisdom
Protection
Knowledge
Understanding
Salvation
Strength
Love
Grace
Mercy
hope
Joy
Faith
In your study time, you can name some more treasures. I just want to give you an idea of the valuables that we have in Christ.
Study
Psalm 23
John 15:1-17
1Peter 2:9
Proverbs 4:23
Meditate on the list of words that I named as THE PERFECT TREASURE. Search the bible in see what God's says about those words. For example go to Isaiah 54:17 and see what it says about protection. Store that information in your heart and when you're faced with trouble, remember God's word.
Proverbs 4:23
Meditate on the list of words that I named as THE PERFECT TREASURE. Search the bible in see what God's says about those words. For example go to Isaiah 54:17 and see what it says about protection. Store that information in your heart and when you're faced with trouble, remember God's word.
STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! STUDY!.... Study God's word; it's good for the soul. You will find strength there.
God bless you all
Love,
Amanda Sunshine Williams

No comments:
Post a Comment